Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mia's Doll

This is Mia's little doll.  I made her out of organic cotton scraps, a vintage dress, and a vintage table cloth.  She has extremely long arms and legs.  I actually made the arms a bit too long.  Mia seems to think that they are great for dancing so I guess they are okay.  

I really can't tell you how wonderful it is to be able to make things for my little gal. She watches the whole process and at the end she is so thankful.  She tells everybody that "Mommy made it".  That makes me smile:)


2 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I sat my baby in his highchair to watch me sew the other day. I know he was fascinated by the machine and its noises. It felt good to have him so close to me. Wishing I had done this with my eldest, whom I am trying to convince having lessons in sewing (to which he replies, eww.... that's for girls!)

ljkc said...

Awww, this was an adorable entry... :)