Thursday, May 21, 2009

Embroidery Sketchbook by Elsie Marley

I just have to share this project by Elsie Marley.  I have subscribed to the Elsie Marley blog for a while and always love receiving the updates!  This post is exactly what I needed to kick-start the summer.  

















I am always on the lookout for something portable when it comes to keeping myself busy.  My medium of choice happens to be screen printing.  Not the most portable of mediums.  So, I have tried quite a few travel friendly crafts.  I am a huge fan of knit and crochet but can never stay on it long enough to finish one piece.  Dave actually has quite a few half knitted scarves.  I also embroider and have always enjoyed vintage embroidery patterns along with more up to date versions like Sublime Stitching.  Speaking of present day embroidery, the amazing Maira Kalman has also produced embroidered artwork.  


















With all of this inspiration and the Elsie Marley sketchbook, I think that this summer will be just right.  I am in love with the simplicity of the book.  It is so nice to see something so full of sweet simplicity and pure function.  Easy on the eye and simple to carry. 

Thank you, Meg!  Keep those wonderful posts coming!

No comments: